Flower Girl Dresses - Finding the Right Style for Your Flower Girls
Flower girls usually range in age from three to eight years old so you do not want to dress them in inappropriate 'big girl' styles. Take advantage of the cuteness of their young age by dressing them in super sweet dresses offered this season.
Find a way to tie the flower girl dress into the rest of the wedding. Whether it be by color, theme or a miniature copy of the bridal gown, you do not have to go over the top trying to make every flower girl detail match the bridal gown and bridesmaid dresses, her young innocence will make her stand out on her own.
Here are a few fun ways to tie the flower girl into the wedding party:
1. Have the color of the flower girl dress be the same as the bridesmaid dresses. She will feel like a big girl while still wearing an outfit appropriate for her age. It is easy to match colors if you order your bridesmaids and flower girl dresses from the same designer, choosing the same fabric type will allow the colors to match closer as well.
2. The flower girl can wear a white or ivory dress and hold flowers that coordinate with the rest of the bridal party. Such a simple tie-in will be obvious to the wedding guests. Designers like US Angels even offer flower girl dresses with flower petals in the skirt of the dress ~ a fun and different way to coordinate color with the rest of the wedding.
3. If you are using a theme, have fun with it and include the flower girls. The bride may have a ballerina style skirt and what little girl does not love frilly ballerina skirts? Designers Mori Lee and US Angels offer ballet style dresses for little girls. Does the reception have a general decoration theme? Add the theme into the ceremony with little touches to your flower girl's dress such as fall leaves or strawberries that match the wedding cake.
4. Designers like Watters & Watters, Forever Yours Bridal and Jasmine offer matching flower girl dresses to some of their bridesmaid dress styles for the completely matching bridal parties. Just make sure your cute little flower girl still looks like the sweet innocent child she is in the style you choose!
5. Many more formal weddings go with the mini-bride flower girl dress. Mary's Bridal and Melody offers adorable designs that match their beautiful wedding gown styles. Wearing a minature wedding gown can make your flower girl feel extra special and close to the bride.
Don't forget to account for comfort in the flower girl dress you choose. Little girls need to have freedom to move and easily walk in their dress. You don't want guests' first impressions of your ceremony to be the tripping little flower girl or to view the little one itching at her dress all night. Treat your flower girl like a bridesmaid and have her try on dresses to see what fits her body style and personality.
Remember, the flower girl is just as proud to be in your wedding as you are to be the bride. A cute, happy flower girl will bring more joy to your whole wedding day!